Tuesday, November 24

New Work, New Toy Camera (Mini Diana)

While in Charleston this past weekend, I somehow ended up at Urban Outfitters (go figure) and stumbled upon the Mini Diana. So I bought it and three rolls of film. We had really cloudy weather, light rain all weekend so I had to buy ASA 800 color print film. What a fun little guy!

I think I'm back to film finally! This little jewel is now my favorite camera and I won't be anywhere with one! If you don't have one. Buy it.

Below are some selected pics I couldn't wait to share. I hope you like them as much as I do ... let me know what you think. These are toned scans off the one-hour processing disc--a few of them, soon to be prints for sale. Stay tuned on that!

Becky (a.k.a. Boxfotos) at Middleton Place

Sailor's House

American Flag on Charleston Home

Night Walk in Church Street

Cemetery Headstone Topper

Garden Statue at Middleton Place

Courtyard Fountain at Mills House

Cemetery Oak

Leaves on Horizontal Headstone

Swamp at Middleton Plantation

Bridge at Middleton Plantation

Three Headstones with White Petals

Church Steeple

Iron Spikes for Protection

Cemetery Birdbath

Church

Church Gate

Cemetery Headstones in Need of Repair

Cross and Berries

Cemetery at Night or Exploding Ghost

All images shot with Mini Diana toy camera
(c) Matt Larson, 2009

8 comments:

greybreaks said...

great photos. favorites include church gate and exploding ghost.

Toy Camera Play said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog. Those are a couple of my favs too. The Ghost one freaks me out a bit ... spooky!

Unknown said...

great stuff! My fiance just bought me the Diana Mini for Christmas, but I can't have it until then! It's killing me especially after seeing these pics! My fave is the Church spire pic, great shot.

magicpolaroid said...

hello! wow ja i like them so much and would like buy one!

ChYmEc!nDy** said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog. And I like it, so I follow! I hope you will check mine too...

http://dreamchymecindy.blogspot.com

Frank said...

Wonderful series of a grand old city. We have stayed at the Mils House and have wonderful memories. Now we have a Matt original to remind us of a very special time in Charleston.

Great OPEN Hose tonight. Thank you Matt!!

Toy Camera Play said...

Thanks Frank! Gland you got one of these prints for I do like them a lot. We had a wonderful time and as always, enjoyed your company.

Elle said...

I know I'm a bit late, but I've just stumbled on your post. These are AMAZING.

Elle x